The Skilled Migration Internship Program – Accounting (SMIPA), is a Professional Year program developed by CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants (CA) and the Institute of Public Accountants (IPA). The program is to provide accounting international graduates, from Australian universities, the opportunity to develop the skills and training they need to start their career.
Securing your first job after graduation can be daunting. Australian Companies receive an average of 200 CV’s for every advertised vacancy. Just getting an interview can be challenging when employers require demonstration of previous work experience.
Navitas Professional is the only provider approved by the professional accounting bodies to deliver Professional Year – SMIPA across Australia. Navitas, National Provider that delivers professional year Accounting, ICT and Engineering in all states and northern territory.
Navitas Professional will Prepare you for the Australian workplace by applying your theoretical knowledge to practice and build your employability skills to specific to accounting. Using educational technology tools, our programs integrate courses such as practical training in excel techniques, MYOB or QuickBooks and financial decision making to ensure you’re ready for the contemporary work environment.
32 Weeks, 8 hours per week. Includes soft skills development, workplace dynamics and BSB40215 Certificate IV in Business and optional Fundamentals if project management by EEA.
12-week Full-time placement
We ensure that each host company understands how best to assist you to achieve your professional development goals and we are proud to have placed 100% of our SMIPA candidates into a professional internship related to accounting.
44 weeks, inlcuding 12 week Internship
To qualify for the Professional Year Program – EEA, you must:
- have completed an undergraduate or postgraduate award in Australia for Engineering
- hold or applied for a Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485, either stream) with at least 12 months validity or;
- hold an eligible Secondary Visa with work and study rights with at least 12 months validity
- have at least a PTE-A score of 50 with nothing below 36 or IELTS score of 6.0 with nothing below 5, in all 4 competencies or equivalent
- provide a valid skills assessment from Engineering Education Australia
Adelaide, Brisbane, Darwin, Hobart, Melbourne, Perth, Sydney
Rolling Intakes every 4 Weeks.