Frequently asked Questions

Most the frequently asked questions by students at Sirus.

TAFE are controlled and monitored by the State Government. Universities are owned by Private Companies or owners. The tuition fee is relatively inexpensive in Universities than TAFE Colleges.

Most TAFE Colleges do not offer Bachelor’s Degrees, The highest Course they offer are Associate Degrees. Universities offer courses from Foundations to PHD’s.

It is a compulsory requirement that International students under the age of 18 must have appropriate accommodation and welfare arrangements for the period of study in Australia. The guardian can be their parents, blood relatives or home stay parents nominated by schools. The primary school students must be accompanied with their parents during their study.

Schools in Australia have four terms commencing in January, April, July, and October. International students can enroll any of these terms except for students of Year 11 and 12.

Students who have completed previous tertiary studies in their home country or in Australia may apply for credit towards their Higher studies in University.

As the unique feature of Sirus Education, we will not only help you in selecting the right course for you and obtaining the necessary visa, but we will also help you to settle in Australia and assist you until you complete your studies.

Different Universities excel in different areas of study. It really depends on what are of study you choose.

Very safe. Before a University chooses a family to be a host family. They do background checks on all the people live in that house. All the adults living in that house must also have a valid Blue Card to be working with children under the age of 18. We also send a homestay profile to the prospective student’s family before we allocate the host family. Therefore Homestay in Australia is very safe.

Get In touch

Leave us a message


17, Ground Floor, Deal Place –Colombo 03

+(94) 11 4325 733

Start Your Journey To Australia With Sirus